Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Removing Findr Toolbar

Update: These instructions are specific to Chrome
If you are fond of downloading freeware, you may end up with toolbars you don't want. One such toolbar I found myself saddled with, is the Finder toolbar. I could not uninstall Findr because I could not find it in my Control Panel. Why not just let it be?  Because it occupies the space right at the top of a webpage. For instance, it overlaps on the "view blog" button at the top of my blogger 'new post' page, hindering my access to it.


How did I end up with this in the first place? I suppose I blindly clicked on 'Next' while installing a freeware. Findr stuck and would not go away, no matter what I tried. Googling it did not help either.  I finally discovered how to disable Findr. Here's what I did. You can try it too.


I clicked on the down arrow highlighted above. The result was the box below.
Disable all the enabled options or leave what you want. Your screen will now look like the picture below.


Removing  Findr Toolbar is as easy as that. 

Update: Bill is right. Click on the trash can to remove it completely.

Also read  Uninstall Findr Toolbar   and   Findr Again 

5 comments:

  1. De-selecting the "Enable" check-box does not remove the extension it just disables it. To completely remove it you have to click the trash-can icon to the right of the check-box. Also, this is specific to the Chrome web browser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bill for pointing that out. Yes you have to click the trash-can icon. Yes, this is specific to Chrome browser. As a rule I don't use any of the other browsers, may be the next time, I find this tool, I'll figure out how to remove it with the other browsers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It still opens a new tab every time i open Chrome. Anyone know how to prevent it from doing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyle, If you check under Labels you'll see that I've written a total of 3 posts on' Disable Findr'. Have you read them all? There are 2 other ways to do it. Try them and if you still can't get rid of it, let me know.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete