Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

OneNote As A Calculator

I discovered OneNote 6 years ago and instantly fell in love.  Every time I use the application, I fall deeper in love.

 I am still discovering new features that make my work easier. The latest of my discoveries is its use as a calculator. All you have to do is to type in the numbers and mathematical operators in sequence followed by  "=" and then hit enter to get your answer. But why would you use this, when you can use your regular calculator the same way, to get the same result? 
Look at the box below. All the numbers and operators keyed in are right there to be edited if necessary.  You can't do that with a calculator. 

1. If you've made a mistake, you can simply delete the wrong entry and type in the correct one. The answer however does not change automatically as in Excel. You have to delete the old one, place your cursor after the "=" and press "Enter".
2. If you have to repeat the calculation with an altered entry or two, just make the appropriate changes to the numbers or operators, delete the old answer and hit "enter.  A real time saver.
3. You can always pull up the page for future reference.

Yeah. I definitely prefer this to my calculator.  Better than Excel for calculations that use multiple operators with no particular structure or format.

No comments:

Post a Comment